Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How Does Life Prepare Us For Eachother?

Dear Prince Charming,

If you've ever heard the song, "God Blessed The Broken Road," you might get an idea of what I'm going for with this blog post. A quote, of similar lines, goes like this: "The wrong one is the right one to lead you to the BEST one." It's kind of interesting to look at my life and see things that I can kind of guess are leading me to you. Each guy I meet and fall for gives me an idea of what I'm attracted to, what I'm looking for. Each time they get over me or I have to move on helps me grow & strengthen my individuality, and strengthens my resolve to be a better person for YOU. Each moment that I get to learn from my mistakes, learn from my success, to help me be in the right state for when we meet.
It makes me wonder, also, what you're going through looking for me, as you develop yourself and become better and are prepared to meet me. I promise you, I am worth all of that. I am worth every heart break, every trial you've had to go through to become better or stronger, or to be humbled. And when you fall for me, you don't have to worry about being rejected one more time, because I will have been prepared for you.

At the same time, this is not to say I am the only girl out there that you could have fallen for. You're not the only guy I could fall for out there, either. But, the wonderful beauty of that is, we will choose each other. And when we do, all other options we could have chosen will no longer be important. Because we had already chosen each other. People speak of "Soul Mates" - maybe we can choose our spouse in Heaven. However, we don't know that. We have no revelation from the Presidency of the Church saying whether or not that is true. There are days I'd like to believe it's true, but I have so many things showing me that it is my CHOICE. This life is all about free agency, the freedom to choose our own fates.

It's remarkable to me that we will choose each other. And we won't back down. Because we will choose each other, we will have the opportunity to become God and Goddess if we live our lives righteously. "For as men are, God once was. And as God is, men will become." I think it's remarkable all that we have before us as we continue to learn and grow and live.

Even if I don't know who you are yet, I am so glad that we will choose each other.

I am living my life righteously, because although I don't know you yet, I love you. And you deserve me to make wholesome decisions. Because I hope that wherever you are, you're doing the same. I will be true to you, myself, and God. I love you. And I can't wait for the day I'll be able to tell you so face-to-face, as we kneel across the alter in the temple of God & promise forever.

Love Always,
Your Princess
A Damsel Preparing

No comments:

Post a Comment