Thursday, August 4, 2011

Comparisons

Dear Prince Charming,

I was looking back on previous blog posts and I came across ones mentioning my first relationship with my last boyfriend. The comparisons are interesting... What was I thinking, dating him??

Just to share the comparisons:

1st Relationship: "why do I still feel like I'm looking for you?"
You: I am definitely not looking anymore. I've found you :)

1st Relationship: "My friends all tell me about how their boyfriends tell them every single morning that they love them, that they're beautiful, and how amazing they are. My boyfriend isn't like that... and there are definitely times I wish he was more of the kind of guy that's more verbal about really liking someone."
You: You tell me every day that you love me, call me beautiful, and I have absolutely no doubt on how you feel. You are DEFINITELY the kind of guy that lets me know how you feel, and you make me feel loved and incredible and I definitely do NOT wish you were any other way than the way you already are.

1st Relationship: "My boyfriend thinks I should be dating other guys to make it so I'm not limited, and so that I'm not closing off my options."
You:  When someone else tried setting me up with their relative, I turned them down. When I told you, your exact words were "Too bad for the relative, you are already taken. And I don't want to share."

1st Relationship: "I'm kinda just frustrated with dating now"
You: DEFINITELY not frustrated with dating :) I don't think I've ever been happier with dating!

1st Relationship: (referring to guys that tell the girl they love them & that they're beautiful & are just crazy in love with the girl) "I hear so many stories like that, and even hear relating from my friends that are guys with them talking about a girl, and they ARE that crazy about a girl... Is it too much to wish for something at least CLOSE to that??"
You: No, it wasn't too much to wish for. Because that's what I somehow magically got with you. You make me feel loved, special, and valued. I am living a story like that now, and it is the best feeling in the whole world!!! :)

1st Relationship: "at this point my friend is convinced I'm in love. I'm not so convinced, but it has left me wondering what love IS, and how I'll know when I DO fall in love."
You: Well, I now know what love is, and I have no doubt that I am completely in love with you. My friend and I were both surprised that I used the word love to describe how I felt about you, because I used it so frugally in the past. Meaning, I didn't use it. However, there was and is no other way to describe my feelings for you. This sure isn't just another crush. I KNOW that, without a doubt in my mind.

It's interesting, isn't it, how DIFFERENT the relationships were/are?

Love,
Your Princess
A Damsel in Comparison

No comments:

Post a Comment