Thursday, August 4, 2011

Starting New Habits & Other Random Thoughts

Dear Prince Charming,

Today was the first of our new habit we're starting of beginning the day together with scripture study and prayer together. It was great being able to share with you and help each other build off of each others' thoughts. I'm so glad we're starting now, because not only will it help bring us closer together, but now we'll already be in the habit when we get married in December. The focus was on finding joy through faith, charity, hope, & having virtuous thoughts. The discussion afterward was great, and I'm looking forward to continuing to start each day with you :)

This was followed up by the "homework" your mom assigned us, on listening to the first of 14 C.D.s on finances. The focus was on having a financial security blanket, $1000 in the bank. Which, apparently we're covered on. Way to be more prepared than I! I guess I was working at a part time job that pays less than your job, but still. We talked about debts, & I have to admit that was hard for me at first. Especially bringing out the paper on my student loans that we're going to work on paying off. I had hoped that I would have those paid off before I met you, as well as my orthodontics. Can't wait to get these braces off... It's probably a good thing we're getting this figured out now, though. And I'm grateful that I have a relationship with you where I can be completely honest with you. Even if the truth is hard for me to admit sometimes, and normally I greatly struggle with letting people help me with finances. Interestingly enough, it was kind of a revelation for me as we talked about sharing finances and how much we'd be making, and talking about it... collectively. For me, I was surprised to discover I wasn't as guarded against help from you. Because we were figuring it out for us together. And honestly, choosing to get stubborn and refuse help over this just seemed stupid/silly to me.

We're also going to start going to church together on Sundays in a few days. Which gives me butterflies thinking about, but makes me feel super happy as well.

I think part of me is waiting for me to get tired of spending all of this time with you, to run out of things to say and talk about. Honestly, I should know better. It hasn't happened yet, and it's not going to happen. I think we could talk about virtually ANYTHING. Case & point being our conversation about blood sucking fairies vs vampires. (AKA Edward Cullen VS Count Dracula).

Another thing that's interesting to me is how easy it is to be with you. Before you, with guys I liked I might get the impulse to go sit close to them, or hold their hand, or rub their back... But I pretty much never acted upon it. Even with my first boyfriend, when I had the random impulse to take his hand I was too shy to actually act upon that impulse. However, with you? I seem to have no problem acting on those impulses. Taking your hand, rubbing your back, kissing you, sitting close... I never even have to think twice. It's so easy to be with you.

I can't believe how incredibly lucky I am to be with you :) I love you so much!

Love Always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment