Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Finding You

Dear Prince Charming,

Being in my first relationship ever, more than anything, I just want to find YOU. I don't know if I already have. But then, why do I still feel like I'm looking for you? I feel like at this point, I probably already know you. But I most definitely wish I knew.

My friends all tell me about how their boyfriends tell them every single morning that they love them, that they're beautiful, and how amazing they are. My boyfriend isn't like that... and there are definitely times I wish he was more of the kind of guy that's more verbal about really liking someone.

Some days, I just want to have someone that tells me I'm beautiful, and is completely sincere about it. I want to feel like the opening to the song "Teenage Dream" (the only part of the song that I like): You think I'm pretty, without any makeup on. You think I'm funny when I tell the punch-line wrong. I know you get me, so I let my walls come down.

And have I mentioned that sometimes I really don't like being 18 because it's such an annoying in-between age?? :P My boyfriend thinks I should be dating other guys to make it so I'm not limited, and so that I'm not closing off my options. However, the RM's are all looking for someone to marry, and I'm "too young", so they never ask me on dates and the guys my age are all leaving on their missions.

I'm kinda just frustrated with dating now, I want to find you and be swept off my feet and have it be different than how it's always been. I just want to be loved unconditionally forever, and to be able to return that love. I want it to be a sweet, happy love, where they tell me I'm beautiful and they love me, not just there & unspoken...

Sheesh. Music has really disoriented my views... But still, I hear so many stories like that, and even hear relating from my friends that are guys with them talking about a girl, and they ARE that crazy about a girl... Is it too much to wish for something at least CLOSE to that??

Just Venting,
A Damsel in Dating... :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment